If you meet certain requirements, you may become a U.S. citizen either at birth or after birth.
To become a US citizen at birth, you must:
- Have been born in the United States OR had a parent or parents who were citizens at the time of your birth (if you were born abroad) and meet other requirements.
To become a citizen after birth, you must:
Who may Apply Through Naturalization?
- Apply for citizenship thrpugh parents.
- Apply through Naturalization.
Citizenship through Parents
- You have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years and meet all other eligibility requirements.
- You have been a permanent resident for 3 years or more and meet all eligibility requirements to file as a spouse of a U.S. citizen.
- You have qualifying service in the U.S. armed forces and meet all other eligibility requirements.
- Your child may qualify for naturalization if you are a U.S. citizen, the child was born outside the U.S., the child is currently residing outside the U.S., and all other eligibility requirements are met.
There are two general ways to obtain citizenship through U.S. citizen parents, one at birth and one after birth but before the age of 18.
To find out what is the right path for you, please contact us directly and set up an appointment.